Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

God's Love Proves Hell

For the next two nights I will be teaching at our church on the false doctrine of inclusion. I won't be posting for the next few days as I get ready for that, but I wanted to post today on something that was on my mind this morning. The Bible tells us that, "God is love." God's love for us is purer than any love that man has ever known for each other. So, how does this love that is so great it cost the physical life of the Son of God, reconcile itself with the knowledge of Hell's existence. The answer is in God's Holiness, His Righteousness, His Justness and His...Love!?! That's right His Love. God loves us in a way that He desires our righteousness, holiness, justness and love. Since that is what God desires of us, He has provided a Way for us to obtain to that, Jesus Christ on the Cross. His death on the Cross is a free gift for us to obtain to that which God desires. The Cross is the atonement for our sins, it is through the Cross that we are justified, it is through the Cross that we strive for righteousness and through the Cross that we are made holy. The Cross does far more than just save us from hell. The Cross gives to us the only way to truly be reconciled to God. While all of this is true, we are also solely responsible for making the decision to become followers of Christ. To assume that God loves me so much as to ignore my sinful life, is truly arrogant. But, what about people who have never heard of Christ, how can God send those people to hell? To be honest, I don't have the answer to that. But I do know that the message of Christ has been told for 2,000 years, and it seems impossible to think that any person has not heard of Christ, even if they do not know the story. Even so, the Bible tells us that the very earth itself testifies of God. As I said, I don't know the answer, but I have faith that God knows, so I don't question Him. His wisdom surpasses all understanding. God does love us and that love is free to all that will accept it, but we have to accept it. God has made Jesus' death available to all, but, unfortunately, not all will accept it. Jesus said for us not to be ashamed in front of man, or He would be ashamed of us in front of His Father. God gave us warning after warning. Jesus gave us warning after warning. The Holy Spirit, through the writers of the Bible, gave us warning after warning. So, with all those warnings, how does anyone believe that God's Love is anything less than Holy, Righteous and Just?

No comments: